Stress and Pain Management
- 70-80% of all visits to a doctor have a related stress component.
- $19.4 billion is spent annually treating stress-related illness.
- Employees under large amounts of stress spend 50% more on health care.
- Chronic pain affects nearly 90 million Americans and costs an estimated $50 billion annually.
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- Increased blood pressure
- Stiff neck, shoulders, low back pain
- Difficulty sleeping, difficulty concentrating
- Decreased memory, trouble focusing attention
- Feeling unusually tense, worried or burnt out
- Prone to angry outbursts
- Feeling unhappy, unsatisfied
- Smoking, excessive drinking, shopping, or gambling
- Compulsive overeating, grinding teeth, or nail biting
These are some of your body’s cues that ALL is NOT WELL.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, call your physician for an assessment.
Call Dreamtime Wellness for some relief- 978-283-4258.
Stress can be negative or positive. Negative stress is perceived and experienced differently for each individual.
Negative Stress can lead to:
- Release of stress hormones
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased blood sugar
- Muscle tension
- Emotional tension
- Shallower breathing
- Decreased focus and attention
- Impaired clarity of thought
- Increase stomach acid
- Platelet stickiness
Chronic Negative Stress can result in:
- A depletion of the stress hormones needed for ‘flight or fight’
- Increased levels of cortisol
- Anxiety and depression
- Impaired immune system
- Indigestion and constipation
- Gastric esophageal reflux
- Exacerbated symptoms of asthma
- Blood clot formation
- Heart disease and stroke
- Increased infections
- Chronic pain
Have you been diagnosed with any of these conditions?
Call Dreamtime Wellness for some relief - 978-283-4258.
Chronic Pain can:
- Impair thinking
- Decrease mood
- Decrease energy
- Decrease productivity levels
- Lead to social isolation
At Dreamtime Wellness we offer wellness sessions and self-care instructions that helps you
gain a sense of self-control and improve comfort levels.
*Call Dreamtime Wellness for some relief - 978-283-4258.
* These wellness sessions are not meant to replace your healthcare but are offered as adjunctive or complementary care with the goal of improved outcomes and promoting your optimal wellness. Pain can be a warning sign that there is something wrong. For any acute pain condition first see your doctor to obtain a diagnosis. Some conditions may require a referral from your physician and/or therapist before working with these therapies for stress and pain management. Let your physician know if you are using Complimentary & Alternative Medicine (CAM) or herbal therapies. Some CAM therapies may be contraindicated for your medical condition or interact negatively with your medication thereby, adversely interfering with your medical care and/or medical condition. We recommend you check with your physician or therapist prior to beginning a CAM therapy or herbal product.
Experience and Learn Relaxation Techniques and Healthy Ways to Deal with Emotions and Stress
Relaxation techniques help you to:
- Distract the mind
- Relax the mind and body
- Decrease muscle tension
- Increase self-awareness
- Release endorphins (natural pain relievers)
- FEEL BETTER!
Relaxation techniques can assist and empower you with:
- Greater Levels of Comfort
- Increased Calm
- Improved Sleep
- Increased Energy
- Greater Sense of Inner Peace and Well Being
“The inner calm I experienced with just 10 minutes of Reiki
lasted for days.” - G. H., Registered Nurse
Wellness Sessions and Instructions at Dreamtime Wellness include: